• AussieLoans for Expats

    Options for foreign owners

    International Investment

    Get a loan for a property in Australia.

  • AussieLoans for Expats

    We'll answer the questions that you won't know to ask.

    The Forerunners

    Find out why we're the mortgage broker of choice.

  • 1
  • 2

Expat Foreign Owner Loans

If you are an Australian citizen living and working overseas and you want to purchase, or refinance, property in Australia, we're the mortgage broker for you. It's our pleasure to enable Aussies living offshore to compare loans and find the best home loan solution.  We have arranged home loans for Australian expats living all over the world.

Are you an international investor, looking for property in Australia?  We understand that it can be stressful buying a property when overseas and you may not have the time to fill out forms. That is why we help you start owning your own home faster and without the added stress and hassle of filling out extra paperwork!


Are you an Australian living overseas If you are an Australian citizen living overseas you are eligible to apply for an Australian mortgage while abroad. You can use the loan to buy or refinance a property in Australia.

Many Australian citizens are continuing to take advantage of opportunities in the Australian property market whilst overseas.

The big drawcards for Aussie expats are the strong Australian economy and their familiarity with the market.

What can you borrow?

Lenders may limit you to 80% of the property value if you cannot supply enough information to prove your foreign income.

Borrowers that can show they are in a strong and stable financial position can secure up to 90% to 95% of the property value

These guidelines apply to dual citizen Australians, Australian expats residing overseas who are married to a foreign citizen or those living in Australia or New Zealand with the intention to move overseas in the future.

An expert can help you simplify the process!

Lending guidelines can be difficult for you to get your head around. If you would like help with your home loan then please give us a call on 1300 55 10 45 or enquire online.  A mortgage broker who is experienced in securing finance for non-residents can call or email you to discuss your finance options.

Do expats pay a higher interest rate?

 Australian citizens living overseas should not have to pay higher interest rates for an Australian mortgage while overseas. But if you cannot provide enough proof of your foreign income then you may be charged a higher rate.

A handful of banks do not offer the same discounts as for people living in Australia, although we often are able to negotiate of your behalf for a discount off the Bank Standard Variable (BSV) rate.

Do you need a deposit?

Most expats need to provide a 5% deposit on their home loan and they should have enough finance to cover stamp duty and other expenses. Lenders generally require the deposit as genuine savings, or they may not accept it.

You may not need any genuine savings if you have a deposit larger than 5% or if you are already in the Australian property market.

How do you prove your income?

Lenders will accept English payslips or foreign tax returns as proof of your income. A few lenders have dedicated non-resident departments and accept documents in most common languages.

If you work in a country where payslips are not generally provided, you may still be able to get a loan if you have a statement of income from your employer. If this is the case, you may be limited to borrowing 80% of the value of your property.

All lenders are not equal!

Many Australian expatriates have trouble meeting the requirements for the following reasons:

·       Some lenders require your original payslips, tax returns and other documents before approval.

·       There may be lengthy delays if the lender has a system that cannot handle foreign addresses or foreign phone numbers.

·       Many lenders will only approve loans for a maximum 80% of the property value.

·       Some lenders need you to present yourself at an Australian Consulate to sign a formal loan offer.

·       A number of lenders do not recognise Power Of Attorneys (POAs).


We can help you with your Australian expat mortgage

Just like you, a significant number of our customers are Australian citizens or have dual citizenship and are living abroad. We will help you find a lender that is comfortable lending to expats and avoid a lot of the stress related with applying for this type of loan.

Choosing a mortgage broker to handle your expat loan can save you a lot of time and stress. Please call us on 1300 55 10 45 for calls outside of Australia) or contact us online and our specialist team will contact you to talk about your situation.

How do you apply for a mortgage?

We are experienced in helping people abroad secure mortgages and buy property in Australia.

If you are an Australian expat looking to buy a holiday home or invest in Australian real estate then we can help. Please call us on 1300 55 10 45.

From the USA, Europe, Middle East, UK, Ireland, China, Canada, New Zealand, Japan and South East Asia, we take care of Aussie Expats everywhere. Let us take care of your expat home loan.

Speak to one of our property and home loan advisors on 1300 55 10 45 for more information.